Grand Gathering of Iranians
Saturday, 1 July 2017
Stop Iranian Regime’s Meddling in the Region
- Tens of thousands from all over the world will participate in this Grand Gathering of Iranians seeking an end to religious dictatorship in Iran and establishment of freedom, democracy and respect for human rights.
- The Gathering represents the true voice of Iranian people. An alternative Iran. An Iran of diversity, tolerance, gender equality, respect for all ethnic and religious minorities as equal citizens. A democratic, non-nuclear Iran seeking friendship with the rest of the world.
- Several hundred dignitaries of different political tendencies from across the world including parliamentary delegations and influential foreign policy and national security experts from North America and Europe shall attend the gathering.
The Significance of the Gathering
It is being held at a time that:
- Iran is undergoing a very critical situation with growing public discontent and demands for fundamental change – a fact revealed by the massive boycott of the sham presidential election.
- The clerical regime is weaker and more vulnerable than at any time in its history. It is thus more in need of domestic suppression at home and export of terrorism and extremism to remain in power.
- The Iranian regime’s increased meddling in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon and other countries and support for terrorist groups have further destabilized the region. Iran’s regime has directly participated in the massacre of nearly 500,000 Syrian people, and its continued presence in Syria and support for the Syrian dictator prevent a peaceful solution.
- Regime change in Iran is inevitable. It is high time for the international community to recognize the desire of the Iranian people for regime change by the people of Iran.
- It is time for all governments to stand with peace and take all necessary measures to evict the Iranian regime from the region, in particular the IRGC and its proxies from Syria.